New Throne For Your Home Toilet Replacement Program
Free Toilet Program!
The City of Dallas Water Utilities offers FREE high-performance HETs (high-efficiency toilets). These new ProFlo® PF1400T, WaterSense® certified toilets ensure great performance and reduce water consumption. You can apply to receive up to two toilets. This program does not replace existing 1.6 gallons per flush (GPF) toilets. A rebate option is also available for up to $90 per toilet (excluding taxes). Customers are responsible for picking up the toilets, having them installed, and disposing of the old toilets so they are not reused.
- Customers of City of Dallas Water Utilities (DWU).
- Customers who have toilets that were installed prior to 1994.
Who Does Not Qualify?
- Customers who have received a high-efficiency toilet through any City of Dallas program.
- Customers who have existing high-efficiency toilets.
- Customers who have toilets that were installed on or after January 1, 1994.
How Do I Apply?
You may choose to participate in either the voucher option or the rebate option:
Voucher Option (FREE toilets)
- Complete the online toilet voucher application in its entirety.
- If you rent your home, attach a Landlord Consent letter from the owner agreeing to the installation of new toilets.
- When your application has been approved, we will mail you a voucher along with a map of available locations within ten (10) business days of receipt of your application.
- Present the voucher to the retailer when you pick up your free toilet(s).
Rebate Option (credit on water bill)
- Purchase your toilet(s).
- Complete the online toilet rebate application in its entirety.
- Attach a copy of your purchase receipt. The receipt must indicate the toilet purchased.
- The rebate will be in the form of credit on your water bill. No cash rebates will be offered.
- The credit will be for the amount of $90 per toilet (up to two) or the purchase price of the toilet (excluding taxes), whichever is less.
- You must apply for a rebate within six months of the date on your receipt.
Multi-Family Residential Complexes
Multi-family and master-metered condo owners are not eligible for rebates but may apply for vouchers. Click here for more details on multi-family toilet vouchers and to apply online. You may also call the Water Conservation Division at (214) 670-3155.
Required attachments listed for either of the two options can be provided through one of the following methods:
- Attach to the online application; or
- Fax a copy to (214) 670-5244 (make sure your name, address and water account number is included or written on your fax document); or
- Mail to:
Dallas Water Utilities
New Throne for Your Home Program
1500 Marilla Street, Room 2AN
Dallas, TX 75201
Tips to Determine Gallons per Flush of Your Current Toilets
Click here for tips to determine the gallons-per-flush (GPF) of the toilets you are replacing.
Click on the links below for the following information regarding the New Throne for Your Home Toilet Replacement Program:
Call (214) 670-3155 to have an application mailed to you. You may e-mail questions through our contact form.
What our customers are saying
“In the year since Dallas Water Utilities installed new low-flow toilets and fixtures in our Gaston Commons Complex we have reduced our water usage by 95,000 gallons and 26% in just one year. We truly appreciate the Water Conservation Department for helping us out.”
— Johnice Woods, Property Development Manager, Central Dallas CDC