Watering Conservation Ordinance Guidelines
This summer, the City of Dallas will be expanding its efforts to mitigate water waste. In addition to their routine enforcement activities, the Department of Code Compliance will conduct periodic neighborhood patrols during off-peak hours. Code Inspectors will be on duty from 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and from 8:00 p.m. to midnight (including weekends). The program will kick-off on Monday, June 20, 2016 and continue through September 30, 2016.
Remember to do your part by observing the water conservation guidelines listed below.
- Don’t water during any form of precipitation
- Don’t allow your sprinkler system to water driveways, sidewalks and streets
- Don’t waste water by allowing runoff onto a street or other drainage area when you are watering
- Don’t water your yard between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. from April 1 through October 31
- Repair any broken, missing or misdirected sprinkler heads
- Observe the maximum twice per week watering schedule