Multi-Family Toilet Replacement Program
The goal of this program is to help our customers replace older, less water-efficient toilets in multi-family residential properties. We provide high-efficiency toilets, to those who qualify, to mitigate water usage at complexes housing large numbers of people. Dallas Water Utilities is committed to furthering water conservation efforts throughout the city.
This application is for multi-family residential complex customers. Applicants must be City of Dallas Water Utilities customers. You must apply for and be approved to be able to receive toilets. An inspection will be done to determine the number of toilets to be replaced. Delivery is available for orders of ten (10) or more. No toilet rebates are available for applicants.
- Applicants must have an active Dallas Water Utilities account. Please be sure to include the appropriate account number(s) on the application.
- Current toilets on the premise must have been installed prior to January 1, 1994.
- Only residential-style toilets (i.e., gravity, tank type) are available for this program. Flush valve commercial-type toilets are currently not available under this program.
- There is currently not a limit on the number of toilets you can request, but this is subject to change depending on annual appropriations.
- Each new toilet must replace an existing large-capacity toilet (e.g., 3.5, 5.0, or 7.0 gallons per flush).
- Old toilet(s) cannot be reused. Customer agrees to disable and dispose of the old toilet(s).
- Be prepared to allow a Dallas Water Utilities representative to conduct a pre-retrofit inspection.
- Customer is responsible for installation and agrees to a post-retrofit inspection by Dallas Water Utitlies staff.
- Customer will complete installation within 90 days of delivery and notify Dallas Water Utilities upon completion.
- Toilets all come with tank, bowl, seat, wax ring and floor bolts.
- On a first-come, first-served basis, you may also request low-flow showerheads (2.0 gallons per minute). Please indicate your interest on the section of the application that requests that information.
- Multi-family customers will receive round-front bowl toilets. A limited number of ADA-compliant and elongated bowl toilets may be available and must be approved on a case-by-case basis.