Multi Family Toilet Replacement Form
The goal of this program is to help our customers replace older, less water-efficient toilets in multi-family residential properties. We provide high-efficiency toilets, to those who qualify, to mitigate water usage at complexes housing large numbers of people. Dallas Water Utilities is committed to furthering water conservation efforts throughout the city.
- Applicants must have an active Dallas Water Utilities account. Please be sure to include the appropriate account number(s) on the application.
- Current toilets on the premise must have been installed prior to January 1, 1994.
- Only residential-style toilets (i.e., gravity, tank type) are available for this program. Flush valve commercial-type toilets are currently not available under this program.
- Currently there is not a limit on the number of toilets you can request, but this is subject to change depending on annual appropriations. We supply the toilets based on an inspection report of their current toilets on the phone.
- Each new toilet must replace an existing large-capacity toilet (e.g., 3.5, 5.0, or 7.0 gallons per flush).
- Old toilet(s) cannot be reused. Customer agrees to disable and dispose of the old toilet(s).
- Be prepared to allow a Dallas Water Utilities representative to conduct a pre-retrofit inspection.
- Customer is responsible for installation and agrees to a post-retrofit inspection by Dallas Water Utilities staff.
- Customer will complete installation within 90 days of delivery and notify Dallas Water Utilities upon completion.
- Toilets all come with tank, bowl, seat, wax ring and floor bolts.
- Multi-family customers will receive round-front bowl toilets, elongated bowl toilets and ADA-compliant must be approved on a case-by-case basis.
- You may also request low-flow showerheads. We have a limited number in stock of Nigeria (2.0 gallons per minute). Please indicate your interest on the section of the application that requests that information.
City of Dallas Water Utilities customers who own or manage multi-family residential complexes.
City of Dallas Utility customers may qualify on a one-time basis per address. A change in ownership, property management company occupying the address, who require a new City of Dallas water account, will no longer qualify if toilets have been previously provided to the property through the NTFYH Multi-Family Program.
Customers who have not replaced their less efficient high-water consumption toilets prior to 1994.
Rebate option is not available to multi-family complex or master-metered condominium customers.
Application can be filled out below If you need assistance, please call the City of Dallas Water Conservation division @ (214) 670-3155
Note: Water supply line not included
Upon approval there are three options available for Multi-family customers.
Toilet bowls: round (standard height), oval (standard height) or ADA-compliant height (only come oval shaped).
If you are changing an existing round bowl to either an elongated or ADA bowl, please make sure that you have enough space for the new larger bowl. In some cases, older toilets that are removed have a larger bowl base then newer models, requiring floor work.
The easiest way to determine a toilet gallon per flush volume is to look for a stamp on the toilet bowl where it connects to the tank directly behind the seat. If not there take the tank lid off and look for a rating or manufacture’s date stamped inside the lid tank.